How to choose the car water pump.
Structurally the car water pump is a relatively simple product, consisting of five parts— the body with the pressed bearing, gasket, protecting the bearing from the coolant, impellers and pulley.
The parts of the water pump:
- body (it is the “basis” of the whole construction)
- bearing (pressed inside the body; impeller and pulley are “piked” on it)
- gasket (protecting the bearing from the liquid)
- impeller (providing a supply of liquid)
- pulley (providing a pump rotation)
- The body of the water pump
There are two kinds commonly used in its production- cast iron and aluminum. Aluminum is a more modern material, allowing creating the complex forms of the body with the strict compliance of sizes, making it possible to install the “stretched” bearing without using a propeller, preventing the bearing from turning. The cast iron pumps are usually used in the heavy trucks that have small engine speeds, but require a long service life of the parts.